FMAA and EUS are proud to present STEM: Alternative Pathways Panel Evening.
Have you ever considered a career in Management Consulting, Investment Banking or Professional Services? If you are currently enrolled in a single major STEM degree, you’re in high demand! No prior exposure to a business or commerce degree is required to apply – STEM students possess a unique approach to problem solving and conceptual thinking, opening employment opportunities within alternative career pathways.
The evening will be broken down into two sections: a panel discussion followed by an opportunity for you to ask questions. Students who attend will hear real stories from STEM graduates employed within management consulting, professional and financial service firms. These representatives will be able to offer a unique insight into STEM pathways, especially with respect to undergraduate and graduate recruitment.
Register now to secure your spot: https://rebrand.ly/FMAAxEUS-present-STEM-Alternative-Pathway-Evening
Please note you do not have to be an FMAA or EUS member to attend this event.
— EVENT STRUCTURE —
6:00PM – Introduction
6:15PM – Panel discussion begins with firm representatives who will be able to discuss opportunities for vacation and graduate employment, as well as STEM-related questions.
7:00PM – Firm representatives will answer questions asked by attendees via Slido
8:00PM – Conclusion of the Event
Questions that may be discussed:
– What job opportunities are available to you?
– Why did you choose a career in professional/financial services over a career in your chosen STEM field?
– Are there any challenges in your career that are notably different to a career in STEM?
– How do you apply your degree professionally every day?
– Do you have any advice for students who are not informed about what this career path requires?
Panellists will be announced over the next week.